Summer Army Training
Yesterday my recruiter contacted me to give me my summer Army trainings Dates , i will be doing my :
- SQ (Soldier Qualification) From 24 June to 14 July .
- MOC (Basic Military Occupational Training) From 15 July to 16 August .
It will be Full time (5/7 – 24/24) … so i will be sleeping there and it will be at Valcartier .
The Problem … i will be taking 2 summer course at the HEC Montreal in Management and the final exams are on the 29 and 30 of june .. so i wont be able to make them , i will contact the university to see if they can make some accommodation (they did it this semester with my mid-term exam , my final will be counted as the full grade but for the summer case its the final that i cant do …)
Orrrrr… i will just work during those 3 months instead of studying and on September i take 5 courses instead of 3 to be able to graduate .
Back to the Military Training …
The SQ (Soldier Qualification) Course :
- Army physical fitness
dismounted offensive and defensive operations
advanced weapons-handling (working with grenades, machine-guns and anti-tank weapons) and individual field-craft.
For the Basic Military Occupational Training (MOC or PP1)
- Use and care of personal and section-level weapons, including rifles, machine guns and anti-tank weapons;
- Field-craft, including personal hygiene and meal preparation, camouflage, sentry duties, signalling, selecting firing positions, tactical movements and lines of advance;
- Construction of field defences, such as trenches and roadblocks, and laying and marking of minefields;
- Navigation by day and by night;
- Patrolling operations;
- Infantry section and platoon tactics, including offensive, defensive and transitional operations.
i dont guarantee that i will be able to blog about my army journey as i did in my BMQ – BASIC MILITARY TRAINING , But will try my best to help other soldiers in there questions about training and difficulties .