Tarek Chaaban

Tarek Chaaban, M.Sc's official blog. It contains current web project portfolio, posts regarding his Canadian army experience, news, sports articles, and web tutorials on programming and using social networking technologies.


This week military training :

Friday : We arrived at 6:30 pm and inspection started at 7 pm , then we went to sign to take our c-7 riffle then had a refresh of memory related to all what we took before and we “SLEPT” at 11:00 pm , i couldn’t close an eye all the night , no idea why , i was just looking at the time each 5-10 mn , it was a super long night .

Saturday : I managed to sleep 1-2 hr , and at 4:45 am i woke up to prepare for the physical training , we started our PT (physical training) at 5:15 mn we made some stretching before heading up for the real training , which was running in Mont-Royal , it was still dark and we couldn’t see clearly , raining a little bit and a lot of ice on the road ; We had to run for about 25 mn which was ok then we went back to the base and made more stretching .

At 6:15 am we had our lunch and Inspection was at 7:15 am , each week more restriction are made , like first week we were only inspected on ourselves then the week after on our c-7 now we are inspected on all stuff we have (our selves , our c-7 , our bed , our rack sack …)

At 8:00 am courses started again and the day passed quickly , we had a super nice lunch (SALMON) And a lot of cakes and sweet stuff .

The Courses we took in the day were related to (MAPS , DRILLS , C-7 , WMD – BIOLOGICAL AND NUCLEAR WEAPON) , I might write something about the protection against wmd .

we finished early and we took a break at 8 pm , so i spent the free time cleaning my boots and my c-7 and preparing for the next day .

At 10:30 pm i received the bad news that i had to be the guard again in the night (1:00 am till 2:00am) , it’s only 1 hr but when it has been 36 hr that you didn’t sleep … it’s very hard to make … so i tried to sleep early to compensate .

Sunday : I woke up at 1:00 am and made my time till 2:00 am , then woke up again at 5:00 am to prepare for the Army Physical Training , we made the same pt as the day before .

At 7:15 am we had our special inspection , special because it was made by the Master Warrant Officer and it was going to decide if we could go out to public with out army uniform .

It was a good inspection and we were allowed to go out with our Army Uniform .

During the day we took few courses related to reading maps and how to calculate distances on map and using the compass , we also took more about The C7 riffle , we will have an exam soon related to the c7 .

Next week will a special week dedicated to “FIRST AID” we will have 3 days training and an exam at the end .

This is what i like in the army , they pay us to do stuff we usually pay to do :)

Leave a Response

Please note: comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.